The Monks’ Trail was opened in 2007. With a length of 340 km across Schleswig-Holstein, the Monks’ Trail allows cyclists to travel in the footsteps of the first Christian missionaries in the Middle Ages.
The route starts in Glückstadt. The lovely town on the Elbe with its historic town centre and beautiful church (the first Protestant church in Holstein after the reformation) is the perfect location for a first overnight stay. Well-rested and refreshed, cyclists can then continue in several stages on to Puttgarden on the Baltic Sea island of Fehmarn.
- Information on the Elbe Ferry
- Accommodation in the Cycling Region Glückstadt
- How about a guided city tour for a change?
All-round carefree package
Monks’ Trail App
- Length: 1.000 km
- Countries: zwei ->Denmark, Germany
- About the route: Following the monks’ trail from Glückstadt to Fehmarn
- Start: Bremen
- End: Roskilde
- Nice-to-know: You can book your carefully planned Monks’ Trail Tours (‘Mönchsweg’) with accommodation and baggage transfer right here at Glückstadt Tourist Information